Trying to be a girlie mechanic and succeeding!

This is close to what I was wearing
when I changed my turn signal bulb!
Like I said, I was 150 miles from home and didn't even know where there was an auto parts store. I decided to try to figure it out for myself. My car's owner's manual said that if your turn signal makes a fast ticking sound it means a bulb is bad. I checked the taillights front and back and that's what it was. Success on the first step!

I asked a guy at a convenience store if there was an auto parts store around because maybe a real man there maybe could put a new light in for me. I know they will install a new battery for you. The guy said the closest place in that part of town was a hardware store but he was sure they had auto parts. I wanted to replace the bulb ASAP because I did not want to get pulled over by the cops for not having a working turn signal.

This is what I felt like
as I tried to change the bulb!
So I bought the bulbs. They were a couple of bucks for two. I got my owner's manual and there were instructions to replace bulbs so I tried to do it in the parking lot. So I'm out there looking quite girlie in my girlie short shorts and tank top trying to do this, sorting of hoping that a real man or even a woman would maybe stop by to help me. People drove by but no one stopped to help. Darn!

Looks like Bailey Jay
is learning how to change
a taillight from a real man!
I was so scared to remove the taillight cover (the red thing) on the car to get at the bulb! I'm not kidding when I say I know more about bras than I know about cars!

But it turned out it was actually pretty simple. I plugged in the new and got the taillight cover back into place by without messing anything up. Tried the signal and it worked fine!

I was so proud of myself! I probably could not fix anything else on a car -- and why would I even try -- but I can replace a bulb. Pretty big accomplishment for a sissy, don't you think?
You have read this article with the title Trying to be a girlie mechanic and succeeding!. You can bookmark this page URL http://tangocupcakees.blogspot.com/2012/07/trying-to-be-girlie-mechanic-and.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Trying to be a girlie mechanic and succeeding!"

Post a Comment