Still in love with Marilyn!

I know I have posted this photo several times before, but I have been reading a lot about Marilyn Monroe recently, as this is the 50th anniversary of her passing in 1962.

I used to think about how great it would have been to be Marilyn! But from what I have been reading, it was not all a fun and glamorous life. Obviously, it had a sad ending.


But one thing I found was that she wanted to be loved but she ended up in troubled relationships. And then there are all the stories about her various liaisons!


Still, as I have written before, she passed away when I was a toddler, but I saw her in magazines later and I thought, oh how I wish I could be like and look like her! A little weird coming from a 12-year-old boy, don't you think!


I clipped out the famous nude photo and hid it among my stuff and I would even pretend to be like her in this photo and pose like her! Haha! Please someone tell me I am not alone in doing stuff like that!


I found this quote about her posing nude in my reading:

“She was most in control when she was in the nude,” Hugh Hefner writes. “What would be a position of vulnerability for others was a position of power for her.”

Just how cool was that!

One thing I know for sure is that she was the first celebrity, actress or model that I wanted to be! Raquel Welch was another one! And there have been many others since I realized what a sissy I was and how much I wanted to be a girl!

You have read this article with the title Still in love with Marilyn!. You can bookmark this page URL http://tangocupcakees.blogspot.com/2012/12/still-in-love-with-marilyn.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Still in love with Marilyn!"

Post a Comment