"Excuse me, ma'am"

I had the occasion to be on the campus of a big university yesterday. I was dressed in short denim shorts and a tank top, sort of like the girls pictured here. I was also wearing flip-flops and I had my denim purse.Even the sunglasses.  I got some of the usual looks, some stares, but no comments from anyone. The neat thing was that there were many real girls walking around pretty much like this girl wanna-be!

But the funny thing that I wanted to mention happened coming out of a restaurant. I paid and headed for the door and this young girl -- maybe 5 or 6 -- cut me off and I had to abruptly stop so I would not step on her. Her mother, seeing this, says "Say excuse me!" So the little girl says, "Excuse me, ma'am." The mother says, "I don't think that's a ma'am, say excuse me sir," The little girl responds again, "Excuse me, ma'am." The mother grabbed her by the arm and whispered something to her!

I laughed to myself on the way out to the car. But I could see the little girl's confusion. I had on short shorts like her mother. I had shaved legs like her mother. I had little titties showing, not like her mother's bigger ones but titties nonetheless. I had a purse like her mother. Oh, and I wear a woman's watch, but I bet she did not see that. But I was in boy mode from the neck up -- no wig or makeup -- so I can see why the little girl was confused.

Have you ever had an incident like that happen to you? That was not even the first time for me. But what you see these girls wearing in these pictures is pretty much all I wearing throughout the summer. And I have my denim purse that I really cannot do without. Anyone else like me out there?
You have read this article with the title "Excuse me, ma'am". You can bookmark this page URL http://tangocupcakees.blogspot.com/2011/07/me-ma.html. Thanks!

No comment for ""Excuse me, ma'am""

Post a Comment