the Virgin Masel


The tall, slender, very attractive fifty year old woman sat alone at the small round table for two from which the second chair had been removed for use elsewhere. In that darkened corner of the lively night club she sat watching the bar and the working girls making connections with their ‘Johns’ for the night. Her hand rested on the table, holding a half empty gin and tonic glass.
Masel Lundborg sat silently contemplating the action at the bar, mostly for amusement, and remembered that time just six weeks previous when she had been one of those working girls. For thirty one years ‘Angel’, as Mase called herself professionally, had been one of those working girls, servicing the men who came to her with money.
At first those had been exciting years as her youthful appearance brought her top dollar for her services; then gradually, her experience and pleasant nature had made her the best paid in the business. She was able to select her clients carefully and life continued good. No man ever left ‘Angel’ dissatisfied and she put a part of herself into every encounter so that the client felt special.
Then, with advancing age came the wrinkles and the inevitable signs of age. Her steady clients began to seek more youthful talent and she saw the end of her career in sight. It was time to retire. . .
Mase was also a good business woman and with wise investments and frugal living she had amassed more than two million dollars. The money was soundly invested in various accounts and managed by the most trusted company in the business.
Just six weeks ago, on her fiftieth birthday, she had served her last client, a rather unpleasant fellow with a very hearty sexual appetite. The man left satisfied and Mase became a very lonely woman.
Thirty years as a hard working whore had long since cost her all her family and old friends. Her social life had been with the Johns she serviced and a few of the girls in the profession who were often lesbian or bisexual and not compatible with her interests.
As she sat watching the activities in the club, during those intervening weeks it was the loneliness that hurt most. . .
When one of the potential Johns occasionally came to her table to make conversation and a proposal, she replied simply, “I’m a professional and I’m not working tonight. There’s lots of girls at the bar, , ,” It had deterred previous attempts to date her.

When Vance Klemper enter the club, he took one step inside and let his eyes rove about the club as they adjusted to the darkness. Then, he moved towards the bar and the action. . . .
Mase had seen Vance enter and took an immediate interest in the tall, good looking, short gray haired, clean shaven man dressed casually. He had seemed different from the usual visitors to the club; then, as he moved off towards the bar, she lost interest in him.
It was a few minutes later when Mase saw a hand place a fresh G. & T. In front of her and turned to say that she hadn’t ordered it. She found herself facing Vance Klemper and immediately said, “I’m a professional and I’m not working tonight. There’s plenty of girls at the bar. . .”
Vance replied as he drew a chair from an adjacent table and seated himself facing Mase, “I don’t want any of those girls. I want you.”

“Why are you hiring me now?
“I want you to teach me how to behave around a woman. Tell me what pleases them and what doesn’t, show me how to approach them; I guess I just don’t want to spend the rest of my life alone.”
“Hey! I’m a whore. Why don’t you get some nice respectable woman?”
“Could I be telling a nice respectable woman what I’m telling you?”
Then, as they entered the hotel, she said, “I’ll try to show you what I know but I’m just a whore.”
“Oh no! You’re much more than that. You’re beautiful and easy to talk to and I feel I can trust you already.”
“You poor, simple bastard,” she said as they entered the room.
Vance seemed to take little interest in her words. He went to his dresser and produced gin & tonic water and a lime; then to his ice bucket for ice. A minute later, he turned to Mase and handed her a well made gin and tonic. “This I’ve had some experience at,” he said with a grin.
“So, where do we start?” Mace asked.


“Look, I’m an old woman. You could do better with one of those. . .”
“I said, I don’t want any of those. It’s you I want!” Vance replied as he began peeling off $100 bills from his wad. “Would $500 interest you?”
Seeing the money before her, Mase began to take an interest. This was the kind of money she had commanded for a trick in her best days. She hesitated as their eyes met.
Seeing her hesitation, he peeled off three more bills and laid them on the table and Mase’s mind was made up. . .she’d go back to the profession for one more time.
As she hesitated to make up her mind, two more bills had fallen on the table and she raised her eyes to see him reaching for the ten bills and turning to depart. She grasped his hand and said simply, Do you want to go to your place or mine?”
“Mine’s right up the street at the Excabilur”. He said.
They walked out of the club together toward the shabby, old hotel a block away. Mase knew the hotel well as she’d met many of her Johns there for their trysts and began to feel concerns. Why would a man who dropped hundred dollar bills like water live in a cheap hotel?” Then, she wondered, “Where did the money come from?”
Seeking answered, she engaged Vance in questioning. “Where are you from?”
“Well, I was born in Kansas and got my engineering degree from Cal Tech before starting work overseas. Since then, I’ve lived pretty well all over the world.
“Those jobs must have paid well. Why do you stay in a cheap hotel like the Excalibur?”
“It’s got all I need. . a bathroom and a bed. I’ve lived in much worse.”
“Wow! What do you do with all your money besides influence women to sleep with you?”
“Would you believe, you’re the first! You see, I’ve never been around women much.”
“You mean, you’ve never been laid?”
“Never been kissed, except by relatives, of course.”

You have read this article with the title the Virgin Masel. You can bookmark this page URL http://tangocupcakees.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-virgin-masel.html. Thanks!

No comment for " the Virgin Masel"

Post a Comment