You Have Mail


Vivian and I were the best and closest of friends for years. We told each other everything about everything. She knew my husband had Erectile Dysfunction (ED) and she told me the same thing had happened to her husband, much to her dismay. Sometimes we laughed about it other times we cried about it.
One day over lunch we were talking about our plight when she said, “You know, Sharon, I have started conversations with a guy over the Internet”
“You have?” I asked surprised.
“Yeah! And it is progressing to a point I really don’t know what I am going to do.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, he wants to meet somewhere. He’s married and I have told him I am married as well, but it doesn’t seem to matter to him. Well, Hell, it doesn’t matter to me either.”
All I could say is “Really?’
The conversation went on and on, until finally I asked her
“Do you think I could get on the chat room you are on?”
“You want to?” She smiled.
“May be interesting, you think?”
“It can get that way sometimes.” She wrote down on a napkin how I could get signed up and all the details. She told me her “Handle” it was “Shady Lady” and she asked what I was going to call myself “Hummm”, I thought for a few minutes,

I just sighed; “Well, thank you!” Then took his hand, and sat back down waiting for Gopher looking at Vivian. She was really pleased with what she saw with Lonesome George, for sure. We talked, found out his real name was Ted and he is self-employed.
In a few minute here came Goph



“Hummm, maybe “In A Rut?””
“That really sounds like us doesn’t it?” She smiled.
“That’s for damn sure. Hey, you go home, I’ll get signed up, and we can talk on the Internet, OK?”
We parted from lunch and I went home, turned on my computer and signed up. It wasn’t long and everything was in order, my husband wouldn’t be home for hours, so I looked for Shady Lady for a while.
God the excitement when I saw her come on the list looking for In A Rut.
“Yes – Yes.” I wrote. I’m here!”
We went back and fourth for a while getting acquainted with my new toy. This went on for over an hour. Then all of a sudden I saw the name “Gopher” comes on – Vivian immediately said “HI” to him. He answered back immediately.
“Well, hello there Shady Lady, what’s happening?’
“Nothing, just talking with In A Rut - chit chatting”
“I see that, hi In A Rut, you up to no good?”
“Always” I wrote back

The next day we again met at O’Charlies with the guys. Plans were made and confirmed. They agreed, we agreed, it was on. A weekend away and all the other benefits that would come with it.
We kissed more passionately when we parted this time knowing that all would work out and we’d be together for a few days in the mountains.
When I told my husband, he just grunted his approval, as I knew he would if I told him I was going with Vivian. Vivian had no problem either. Fred and Ted called us and all was set for next Tuesday morning early, we’d meet at the rest stop on Highway 40 just a few miles from Asheville.



Vivian wrote also, “And you can take that to the bank.”
Vivian, Gopher, and I exchanged mail back and fourth for a while when I was called by someone by the name of Lonesome George.
“Hello, Lonesome George, are you really lonesome?” I answered.
“You better believe it.”
“Where are you?”
“Home.”
“Where’s home?
“Charlotte North Carolina”
My heart leaped a few times, “Me too.” I answered
Found out Gopher was from Huntersville and we all started talking together for over an hour again. It was great and a lot of fun. I called Vivian later and told her that I really enjoyed it a lot and we compared notes about the guys and what we had learned.
I went to bed that night feeling exhilarated. I had made a date to meet with all of them the next morning on the Internet after my husband and Vivian’s husband had left for work. We signed on and we were off to the races again. It was wonderful. All day long we wrote, wrote, wrote each other, and became a lot more understanding of each other, to say the least.
About 4 in the afternoon Lonesome George asked if we, all of us, would like to meet him for lunch.
“Sure – I’d like that.” I wrote back, followed by Gopher and Vivian.
“Where?” I asked
“You know where Mooresville is, don’t you.” We all agreed at exit 36 on Interstate 77.
He wrote back “Yeah, that’s it. No one knows us there, I think it’s far enough out of Charlotte, don’t you?””
We all agreed and planned to meet at O’Charlies at 11 in the morning.
That night I was so excited I could hardly sleep. My husband did his normal thing – sleep.
11 o’clock found me and Vivian sitting in the entrance to the restaurant waiting for the two guys. Didn’t know what we were looking for, but had some idea from the way they described themselves. Lonesome George opened the door and looked straight at us. I stood up and advanced to him. There was no mistaking that graying hair and his baseball cap he had told me about. About 45 years old, distinguished, very tall and muscular, slender, handsome, tanned and all that I had hoped for. I hugged him and he kissed me on my neck Very gently.
“Yum, you smell wonderful.” He whispered.


er – Tanned, not as tall as Ted but muscular and all the man I had expected to see from the way he talked on the Internet. God, Vivian was elated and rushed to him flung her arms around him and kissed him. Boy, was she excited. His name was Fred. “Ted and Fred” damn.
Lovely lunch – lots of martinis and lots of talk, lots of sharing stories. God, it was so much fun to be noticed for a change. To feel you are appreciated, to know someone really likes the way you look.
We parted about 3 in the afternoon after exchanging cell telephone numbers and understanding about when to call and when not to call. Since we are all married to other people we fully understood the implications. I kissed Ted goodbye, a nice wet open mouth kiss with a warm loving hug. I felt his body close to mine and it felt wonderful. Vivian was in Fred’s car and they were kissing romantically as well. He held her tight against him in the front seat, but I saw the door come open on her side of the car and she got out and joined me in my car and we drove in silence for a while then we started talking like we had never talked before.
Back on the Internet the next day, the next, and the next. This went on for about two weeks, and then things started getting quite “heavy”. Topics changed, personal facts about each other, conversations of getting away, going away together, all of us. We met a few more times at O’Charlies for lunch. We talked and had a really good time together. We thought, Maybe a weekend in the mountains? Go to the beach? We told them we’d think about it. Vivian and I had long talks about it then agreed that we were going to do it. I really became excited. We got back on the Internet and told the guys and they were delighted.
“How are we going to get away?” Vivian thought the same thing. If we went together in one car, Vivian and I together and we went somewhere together our husbands wouldn’t know what we were up to. We thought about going to Lake Junaluska Methodist Convention Center and staying at the Lambuth Inn there for a few days with the reason being we were going to attend a religious convention there with a lot of other women. That was it. That would do it. Religious convention? Yeah, Right! I picked up my cell phone and called for reservations. They had a number of openings so I made reservations for two rooms for four days.

You have read this article with the title You Have Mail. You can bookmark this page URL http://tangocupcakees.blogspot.com/2013/02/you-have-mail.html. Thanks!

No comment for "You Have Mail"

Post a Comment