• Your subject is too popular. If you are writing a blog about raising children, for example, there is a lot of interest, but also a lot of competition out there. If it's a subject that everybody is interested in, chances are that the competition is fierce and it is nearly impossible for you to rise about the crowd.
• Your subject is too obscure. If, however, you are writing about raising mutant donkeys in Peru, it might not attract that many readers. However, I would suggest giving it a shot. Something that seems so obscure as to be funny might turn out to be the next big thing!
• You're boring and long-winded. Maybe you did get a few people to visit your site or blog by accident. But they aren't going to return, recommend, or tweet you. Keep your blog posts short and get to the point.
• You are a poor writer. Maybe people would like to read the subject upon which you are desirous to expound, but they just don't understand you. Learn to write clearly.
What Search Engine Optimization is all about
Explained in plain English, this is what is means - A "search engine" is a site like Google, or Yahoo, or Bing. The "search" makes sense, but why they are calling it an engine, I have no idea. "Optimization" is a big word for making it better. So, if you want to make your site better for people to find you, you are now interested in SEO - Search Engine Optimization.
And, contrary to what a lot of people would like to sell you, it isn't something that you add on to your website, it's something you build into it. Build your website correctly and that will get you on Google. That's what it's supposed to do. It isn't about tricks or "cheats" or "hacks", it's about producing original content and presenting it in a way that both your viewers and the search engines can find.
How to do hyperlinks in Google Blogger
The post explaining hyperlinks is here
The post explaining URLs is here
Remember that when you are writing text for a hyperlink, be descriptive. The Google bots love to index hyperlinks, but they can't do much with click here or go to my blog. Write out something that promotes you such as find out more about Computer Graphics Training from Brad Hall here
By the way, I always make my hyperlinks in bold (by selecting B in the options bar) just because I think that it makes the hyperlinks stand out more. It's up to you! And remember that the hyperlinks won't work in Preview, so don't let that worry you. Publish your post and then check it right away.
How using hyperlinks can help your Google rating
Blog post about what a hyperlink is
But it gets even better than that. Hyperlinks are a "secret weapon" for your web site optimization, that is, improving your Google rating. The "Google bots" love to read hyperlinks! But you have to do it right. The good news is that it helps your site work with us humans, too!
• Create your hyperlinks with text. Do NOT use a graphic (a jpg) for a hyperlink. Even if you use an alt tag, it's not as easy for the Google bots to see. And as a human, I'm not too crazy about it myself. If you have a particularly jumbled web site, I can find a hyperlink by using the search command in my browser if you use text. If you use a graphic, I can't. Don't ever have your hyperlinks in Flash, either. In fact, use Flash only for animation, if you must, never for content.
• Write out specifically where the hyperlink is taking you. Never, ever, just write click here, write Order hammers for drywall here. Yes, you can include the words click here, as in click here to see Brad Hall's cartoons.
You are not fooling the Google bots nor are you fooling your viewers. You are doing good graphic design. And that helps everyone, including you.
You have read this article with the title Why your blog or website isn't getting any visitors. You can bookmark this page URL http://tangocupcakees.blogspot.com/2011/06/why-your-blog-or-website-isn-getting.html. Thanks!